Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Simplifying My Life

I am not very smart, so I need to follow a simple plan with only a short set of instructions.
I have found that the answer Jesus gave when he was asked by Jewish leaders what us the greatest commandment of the Jewish Law.

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:37-40

So the challenge is how to be devoted (bhakti) to God fully, and to figure out who my neighbors are so I can love and serve them. Because of globalization and the ease of travel and communication over great distances and between different cultures, everyone is my neighbor!

1 comment:

  1. I believe that you are perfect in your simple plan with short set of Instructions. You are good example of multitasking persons. I am glad that you can distinguish worship and devotion. I highly respect you for your commitment towards your neighbors, which are not limited to geography limitation.

    ReplyDelete